CIS 111 Assignment 4
Assignment 4: Benefits of a Database and Information-Gathering Techniques
Due Week 4 and worth 50 points Imagine you are being interviewed by ACME Global Consulting services as a potential new recruit to its growing cadre of world-class systems analysts and requirements engineering group. Through a tip, you found out that they will be asking several questions relating to planning for a new database for one (1) of their national restaurant chains. Also, you found out that one of the executives at the restaurant chain only believes in using Microsoft Excel for running reports. Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you: 1. Describe the benefits of using a database management system and how it supports the organization.
2. Propose how you would address the issues with flat file systems, such as Excel and Text files, for storing data.
3. List and describe three (3) tools, techniques, or methodologies for eliciting and documenting requirements related to the development of a new database.
4. Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources. Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements: • Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length. The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are: •& nbsp;Describe the role of databases and database management systems in managing organizational data and information.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in database systems.
• Write clearly and concisely about relational database management systems using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
Detail Required: LOW; Urgency: LOW
|Programming Language||Database & SQL|